Thursday, May 27, 2010

Parmesan Chicken with Honey Mustard Dip

This is my last installment for my Meal Makeover kwento because I was only able to make three meals out of the four that I had originally planned.  I am currently on a diet (will tell you all about it if it works on me) so the Chicken Kebab will have to wait for a couple more days.
a
a
What I love most about this dish is you don't need to deep fry it.  I don't like to deep fry at home and I try to avoid it as much as I can.  It's unhealthy and it makes the entire apartment smell like well, prito and I think it's also a waste of cooking oil for me since I don't reuse my cooking oil.  I also don't use a lot of oil even for sauteeing that's why a one-liter bottle of canola oil goes a long way in my kitchen.
a
a
Anyway, here's the recipe:
a
a

a
a
Ingredients:
a
5 chicken breast fillets, skinned
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. chopped tarragon leaves
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (I used Panko or Japanese breadcrumbs and it was ok)
6 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper for seasoning
2 eggs, beaten
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
a
For the Honey Mustard Dip:
a
2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
2 tsp. honey
1/4 cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
a
a
Marinate chicken in olive oil, mustard and tarragon for 30 minutes.
a
Then, preheat oven to 350F and prepare the Honey Mustard dip: mix the mustard, honey, mayo, salt and pepper in a small bowl.  You may adjust the ingredients according to your taste.  Set aside.
a
In a shallow dish, mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper together.  Dip the chicken breast in the beaten eggs then cover with breadcrumbs.
a
Arrange the chicken breast on a baking dish, drizzle melted butter over them and bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden.
a
Serve with the Honey Mustard dip.
a
a
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi kris! having this for dinner. will try your recipe.. :)-- chi

Domestic Goddess said...

Yay! Let me know how it goes :)