Monday, May 11, 2009

Hong Kong - Macau: Ferry Ride + Touchdown in Macau

From Hong Kong, we took a one-hour ferry ride to Macau. The ferry terminal is located inside the mall so it was nice and clean. Too bad nga lang the shops were still closed when we got there. Hehe!
a
a
Aly and her souvenir from HK Disney.
a
a
Ferry terminal.
a
a
We arrived early so we had plenty of time for picture taking. Hehe!
a
a
Waiting at the boarding gate.
a
a
Dito kami.
a
a
All aboard!
a
a
Ugh, I got seasick. I tried all sorts of tricks to make the dizziness go away -- I prayed, I listened to my ipod, imagined happy thoughts...I also tried to sleep but I couldn't --the whole family was asleep except for me! Good thing I didn't throw up. When we finally docked in Macau, you won't believe how relieved I was!
a
a
Going through Macau immigration.
a
a
We didn't book any tours in Macau so we will be going around on our own. I only wanted to do two things anyway: 1) go to The Venetian, and 2) eat Portugese egg tarts. We stayed at the Regency Hotel, by the way. It wasn't as nice as our hotel in Hong Kong, but it wasn't that bad naman. Here are some photos that I took en route to the hotel.
a
a
If Hong Kong had red taxis, Macau naman had black taxis.
a
a
We arrived in Macau a little before lunch so after checking in, we just placed our bags in our room and looked for a nice place to eat. It took us an hour to find a decent place to eat. The first ones that we went to were either dirty or the staff spoke zero english. Also, I have to mention that Macau is quite liberal with their smoking areas. People can smoke anywhere! Inside the restaurants, the malls...tsk..tsk...not child-friendly there.
a
a
After lunch, we went to The Venetian. Via bus :) The porter in our hotel kasi told us that it was cheaper to go by bus than by taxi.
a
a
Next post: The Venetian Macau


No comments: