Friday, May 15, 2009

Lunch Date with Richard at Crepes and Co.

Richard didn't have work last Monday so while Aly was in school, we went to Crepes and Co (thank you, Jenn for the idea!) for lunch.
a
a
R
a
aK
a
a
Dates with my husband have become a thing of the past since we moved to Bangkok, but I'm not complaining! Richard and I used to have a weekly dinner/coffee date back home, but that was because Alyannah had a yaya. We don't have a yaya here and I wouldn't dare leave my little girl with some random babysitter. Thank goodness Richard had a holiday off :)
a
a
Crepes and Co. is set in an old Thai house. They use mostly wicker furniture and they have an outdoor garden as well. They serve savory and sweet crepes and a good selection of Mediterranean cuisine. I love the homey atmosphere and the excellent service. The owner was there when we were having lunch and he really took time to go to each table and strike up a conversation with his customers. Let me show you around the place.
a
a
Blackboard specials.
a
aWe came in early so we had the place all to ourselves -- for the first half hour at least.
a
aGarden.
a
aFor starters, we had the spicy chicken wings with blue cheese dip.
a
aI had the chicken, tomato and onion crepe.
a
aRichard had the pasta arrabiata.
a
aOur dessert: crepe with chestnut cream and chantilly. Yummy!
a
a
The food was excellent! Servings were huge! We will definitely go back to this place.
a
a
It's funny how my husband and I were finally able to go out on a date, but when we were there, all we talked about was Alyannah! I kept telling my husband that we should bring Aly there and I think that she will love the place. Hay...I guess that's what parenting and married life really is :)

No comments: