Monday, August 23, 2010

Lumix

Having a DSLR is great but let's face it: do you really want to carry that heavy thing around in case a Kodak moment hits you?  While it can fit inside most of my bags, it's still heavy and bulky...definitely not my idea of an everyday camera.  Richard gave me a camera phone, but with 2 megapixels?  You can't really expect much.  Plus, it sucked in low light conditions.  
a
a
Since our last camera purchase was two years ago, I think it's time to get another one.  I want something that I can put in my bag, doesn't weigh a ton, not necessarily super high tech (I can use my DSLR if I want to be more artsy), but can take blog/brag worthy photos.  I originally wanted another Canon, but the model that I want is waay out of my budget.  My cousin Koy convinced me to look into other brands.  So thanks to Koy, I found the One.
a
a
Say hello to my new friend: the Panasonic Lumix F3.
a
a
This 5,000baht beauty is a steal for 12 megapixels.  It came with a free 2gb memory card, a card reader and a protective sheet for the screen.  The best thing about this is it costs half of the Canon cameras that I was looking at -- the cheaper ones at least.  Plus, thanks to my 1Card, I got a 5% discount aside from the freebies. I'm happy, Richard's happy and so is Aly (she likes it better now than our old Sony).
a
a
Let's see what this baby can do, shall we?
a
a
First photo ever taken by my new baby, thanks to the sales guy.
a
a
Taken by Aly at MBK, right outside Powerbuy.
a
a
Thanks for my new camera babe!  I love it!
a
a
The camera has different settings i.e sunset, portrait, action shots, etc.  This is on food setting.
a
a
a
Candlelight setting.
a
a
Normal picture mode.  And yes, we like to take self portraits now.
a
a
Aly, smile for mommy!
a
a
Glad that she knows how to operate this...so she can take mommy's picture too!  Heehee!
a
a
Banana nutella bread.
a
a
Smile, Koy!  I love this pic.  Koy is so cute!
a
a
Ice cream cake.
a
a
a
She loves the new camera too :)
a
a
We love you, tita Angel!
a
a
Aly interviewing tito Jof.
a
a
Speaking of interview, my Lumix can take videos too!  Yipee!
a
a

No comments: