Monday, August 23, 2010

My 32nd Birthday

My birthdays are always special because of Richard and Aly.  This year, though, was extra special because Angel, Jof and Kokoy were here to celebrate it with me.
a
a
First gift of the day: roses from Aly.
a
a
She told her dad to buy these for me.
a
a
Party decor. 
a
a
Richard told me to relax and take things easy on my birthday so he suggested that we should just eat out.  But I chose to cook instead.  Do I like to torture myself?  Not really,  I guess it's just not the same when everything's home made :)
a
a
Lechon.
a
Mang Tomas and Hoisin sauce.
a
With the exception of the store-bought lechon, I prepared the easiest dishes that I can think of: roast chicken with 40 cloves of garlic, potatoes with cheese, spicy bacon pasta...
a
a
...and lasagna.  Most of these dishes were prepared/marinated the night before so I only had to bake/roast them the next morning.
a
a
The ate cake: a gift from Angel, Jof and Kokoy.  I was super kilig when they brought this home.  Though the cake has long been finished, I will treasure this forever :)
a
a
Another "present" from Aly: my birthday tower, made from stuff that she found in her room.
a
a
She moved it to the dessert table for decoration.  Btw,  I also made brownies using Jamie Oliver's recipe -- sinfully delicious!
a
a
The other goodies that we had were: chocolates, almond chocolate cookies and my favorite strawberry caplico :)
a
a
Ofcourse, no birthday will be complete without the hubby's present!
a
a
According to my Designer Handbag Wishlist, (yes, much to my husband's horror, such a list does exist.  He doesn't want to see it, though.  Haha!) this year is Gucci :)
a
a
Since I've been a good girl, I got another gift -- a new digicam!  Yay!  Even manong in the background is happy.  Heehee!
a
a
Opening my present at home.
a
a
Gucci ladies web hobo.
a
a
My three birthday cakes:
a
The ate cake...
a
Swensen's Ultimate Choc ice cream cake -- layers of vanilla and sticky chocolate ice cream!
a
And the orange marmalade glazed butter cake from Chatrium, which was waiting on the dining table for us when we arrived from our gift shopping.
a
a
a
a
It was a great birthday!
a
a
Thank you, Richard, Aly, Angel, Jof and Kokoy for making it a great one!  I love you!

No comments: