Monday, February 23, 2009

Christmas Dinner with My Highlands Friends

I met these girls when I worked as Events Coordinator for the Marketing and Membership Services Division of Tagaytay Highlands. We may not see each other that often anymore, but the friendship remains. Our old Christmas parties were super fun and I am proud to say that we had the coolest and most-talked-about division parties in the Club! That's why, even if most of us have left Highlands to pursue other career paths, we still have our Christmas parties. This was scheduled on 28 December 2008. I was excited about this dinner for two reasons: 1) I missed last year's Christmas party so I made sure to attend this one; 2) It was my first time to eat at Sonya's Garden -- I know, I should be ashamed because I live in Tagaytay and I've never been to Sonya's.
a
a
I can't wait!
a
a
TDF: Bottomless dalandan juice and the salad dressing.
a
a
I'm not really a salad person (I'd rather have soup), but this one at Sonya's was really good! I was still thinking about it a couple of days later. Heehee!
a
a
Pre-dinner photo. Wala pa kasi yung iba -- yung mga nagtatrabaho pa rin sa Highlands.
a
a
While the salad was to-die-for, the pasta was...well, forgettable. I liked the pasta server, though. I wonder if they have that here in BKK.
a
a
Aaahh...tarragon tea. I miss this. Last night, I tried to make one here at home. But the tarragon that I bought from the Gourmet Market did not taste like this tea. It's supposed to be minty, but the one we had last night tasted like grass. Yeecch!
a
a
For dessert, we had chocolate cake, turon and minatamis na kamote. Unfortunately, I had too much salad that I didn't have enough room for dessert.
a
a
Left to right: May, Ms. Mia, Krisan, Kathrina, Ma'am Annabelle, Liezl, Sir Abel, France, Brenda, Dionne, Janet.
a
a
Once more with feelings.
a
a
No MMSD get-together will be compelete without picture-taking. LOTS of picture taking! Gusto namin yung maraming camera na nakatutok sa min. Haha!
a
a
Bring out your gifts, girls! It's time for our exchange gift!
a
a
The view from the top. How we did it: we formed a circle, passed the gifts clockwise while singing "Wiwichu"
a
a
"We wish you a merry christmas, we wish you a merry christmas...
a
a
...wiwichu a merry christmas, and a happy new year!"
a
a
Look what I got! Yipee!!
a
a
Everybody happy with their gifts!
a
a
Except for Lette kasi weighing scale nakuha nya. Muntik na mapapunta sa kin yun kasi magkatabi lang kami!
a
a
After the exchange gift, it was time to distribute our individual gifts. I started with no less than my mommy Jeng.
a
a
Ang saya! Lahat busy giving out gifts.
a
a
Just like old times: with Liezl and Jeng.
a
a
Left to right: Kathrina, Ms. Mia, France, Jeng, May, Liezl, Ma'am Annabelle, Janet, Brenda, Krisan, Lette.
a
a
My favorite shot of the night.
a
a
The Nyoras at Sonya's.
a
a
Beautiful. I wish I had a garden like this.
a
a
My dear husband carrying all the loot that I received that night. I also hoarded all the cheese hopia from Sonya's Panaderia. The first time I tried them was when Pat brought some to our house. Super yummy!
a
a
One last photo at Sonya's.
a
a
The following photos are from Jeng's camera.
a
a
It was great to see you girls again! Till our next Christmas dinner!

No comments: