Monday, June 20, 2011

Richard's Birthday!

Lunch at Orchard in Paradise Park
a
a
I'm back sooner than I thought!  This day is too special, I can't let it pass without saying something :)
a
a
It's my man's birthday today!  But unlike me, the hubby doesn't want to make a big deal out of his birthday.  I've been bugging him since April with what he wants for his birthday but he would always tell me he doesn't want anything.  I ought to be ashamed because I always start window shopping for my birthday gift at least a month before the big day.  And whatever the occasion may be, if he would ask me on the spot what gift I want, I can easily enumerate three or five things on my wishlist.  Haha!  Anyway...
a
a
I got frustrated with this gift issue thing a couple of days back -- he doesn't want to tell me what he wants and I just can't let his birthday pass without giving him something! -- I almost ran off to Central Chidlom to buy him a new watch.  Good thing I received his text message before I left the house.  He finally gave me a wishlist but he wants for us to shop together.  Sige na nga :)
a
a
So what's the moral of the story?  #1 I'm not ashamed for being more materialistic than the hubby.  That's how I roll and I'd like to believe that he has long accepted the fact that he married someone who loves to shop.  Hahaha!  #2 Don't ask the hubby anymore for a wishlist because he won't give you any (unless you twist his arm!).  So if you really want to buy him a present, get something that you can eventually borrow so it won't go to waste in case he loses interest later on.  Heehee!
a
a
But seriously, one of the things that I love about him is that he always tells me that he doesn't need anything else because he has me and Aly.  I hate to admit it, but I didn't really buy it.  But now I do because it's ok for him not to have any gifts for his birthday/Father's day/Christmas, but when it comes to me and Aly, he will NEVER hesitate, no matter what the price (ok, maybe not something that will completely wipe out our bank account).  He's that kind of family man.  Aly and I are very lucky to have him.  We love you, sweetie!
a
a 
Lord, thank you for Richard's birthday.  I pray that he will have good health, more years and more blessings to come.

No comments: