Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Quick Update

I am sitting comfortably in my old room at my parents' house in Tagaytay as I type.  It's great to be home :)  I miss the hubby, though -- big time!  I'm counting the days when he will be flying over to join us. 

a
a
Our welcome fruit basket and the bag of Aly's meds.
a
a
We received our welcome fruit basket a couple of days ago, which means we are now officially residents of our new old apartment, as far as management is concerned.  It also means the grueling move is finally over.  Goodbye to endless hours of packing, unpacking, wiping, dusting, arranging and rearranging!  I have a couple of to-do's left, though, to make our new old apartment truly Casa Valdez, but it can all wait when we get back.
A
A
With barely enough time to relax, I was busy again preparing for our trip.  It has been my ritual to do the laundry and ironing before going on a trip.  I didn't want to leave the house with hampers full of dirty clothes.  I also make sure that there's enough food for the hubby because I know that he won't have time for trips to the supermarket.  
a
a
I also left a list of to-do's for the hubby -- you know how husbands can get when the wife is not around to do things for them or to remind them in person, right?  Heehee!
a
a
a
I taped it near the computer because that's the spot where I know he won't miss it. 
a
a
Gosh, a mother/housewife's job truly never ends!  Maybe moreso if you're OCD like me.  I was kinda adamant about leaving but letting Aly spend her summer break here in the Philippines was a great decision because mom and dad have a big yard so I can let my little bunny run free.  For this vacation, I'm going to let my Aly get down and dirty (ok, maybe not too dirty!) so she can explore the outdoors (or at least my mom's garden), interact with pets -- anything to get her away from the computer and tv!  More about that as the days go by.   
a
a
I wasn't able to get my mani-pedi and massage too so that's on top of my to-do's but that's really not much of a problem here because mom has a manicurista and masahista who does home service -- at a fraction of BKK prices!  I can't wait! 
a
a
Another piece of good news: Aly's fever is gone!  Yay!  Thank goodness for that.  She still has to finish her antibiotics, though.  But that's easy peasy.  The most important thing is no more fever.
a
a
The last couple of days were ker-razy!  The entire family was exhausted but we all survived.  Most importantly, we all came out happy.  That said, I'd like to leave you with photos of the cutest little assistant ever.
a
a
a
a
Aly decorating our ref with our magnet collection.  I'm grateful that my girl is big enough to help me with chores such as this and unpacking our wineglasses.  Small as they may seem, they were a big help to me.
a
a
P.S now that Aly and I are on vacay, please bear with me if I don't post as often.  We'll be busy spending time with friends and family :) 

No comments: