Wednesday, September 8, 2010

No-Fry Lechon Kawali

Krisan's No-Fry Lechon Kawali.
a
a
How did I do it?
a
  1. Boil the pork belly in a pot of water with onion, garlic, salt + pepper until tender.  
  2. Remove the pork from the broth and refrigerate for at least half a day (overnight would be much better).  
  3. Cook the pork on broiler setting, until the outsides are golden brown and the skin is crispy.  Remember to drain the oil that will come out from the pork.  If you don't have an oven with a broiler, a turbo broiler will do just fine.
  4. Chop into serving pieces and serve with your choice of dipping sauce.

a
I'm not a big fan of deep frying because I hate getting hit by oil splatter and I also think it's a waste of cooking oil (no sense in deep frying if you're not using a lot of oil now, isn't it?).  Luckily, I have my super oven that can do just about anything. 

No comments: