Tuesday, June 8, 2010

We're Moving To A New Apartment

Our first family photo in our apartment.
a
a
The Valdezes in Bangkok will be moving to another apartment soon!   Here's why: the new owner is having our building feng shui-ed.  It all started with interior renovations: first, he had all seven towers repainted from maroon and beige to green (his lucky color, apparently) and white.  Then, the lobby will also have a major facelift.  Lastly, the first three towers will undergo major renovations in the next six months so all the residents have to move to the remaining towers.
a
a 
So our move is not going to be a major move because we're merely transferring to another tower but the view there is alot better -- we're getting a city view this time!  And we're very excited about this because the last time we checked the unit, we saw the most fantastic sunset that we've ever seen here in Bangkok.   That's a big change from our usual pool view, which is not so bad but the city view is sooo much better!
a
a
It was, however, a long and tedious process before we finally got the apartment that we really wanted.  It took us a couple of months and a seemingly endless number of apartment checks before we got The One.  So many issues that we had to deal with: the unit was great but floor was too low (higher floors only please); the floor was perfect, but it had burn marks on the carpet; the unit was ok, the floor was ok, but it had a pool view (city view  is a non-negotiable!); the floor was ok, it had a city view but it had a terrible stain on the bathroom floor...things like that.  Our choices were eventually narrowed down to two options: a two-bedroom unit with a storage closet and a city view on the 9th floor (pretty much like the one we have now) or a three-bedroom unit with no storage closet but with a better city view on the 13th floor   Richard and I are not superstitious so 13th floor is not an issue.  The real issue is: storage closet or city view?  We chose the city view of course, but more about that when we get there :)
a
a
Anyway, so we're moving real soon.  Very soon, in fact, as I am already packing our stuff as we speak.  Why I decided to schedule our move on the same week as Aly's final exams and on the very same week that I decided to go on a low-calorie diet is beyond me.  I am wondering about that myself.  You see, I am eating very little at present which means I have very low energy.  I am also avoiding chocolates and sweets which makes me very masungit quite irritable.  I guess it's also good that we move asap before my inlaws arrive next Tuesday because I don't want to hassle our guests with fixing and packing stuff during their vacay.
a
a
I have to say, packing is not as easy as I thought it would be.  Last night, I only packed our books (which easily filled up two big boxes) and it gave me quite a workout.  I haven't even gone to the kitchen, the closet and the bedrooms yet.  Hooboy!  Good luck with that!  But moving is a good thing because #1 I get to clean out our cupboards and I can edit our junk stuff; #2 It gave us an excuse to buy new furniture (e.g shoe cabinets, a bookcase and other storage stuff) and #3 I can redecorate.  Exciting days ahead!  I will tell you more about our new home when we get there.
a
a

No comments: