Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Richard's Day

Richard's birthday this year fell on the same day as Father's Day so last Sunday's celebration was a double whammy.  What made it even more special was for the first time in the two years that we've been living in Bangkok, we are celebrating his birthday with his family.  My in-laws flew in last week.
a
a
Last Sunday, I prepared a simple Filipino-themed lunch.
a
a
Spaghetti with meat sauce and rice.
a
a
Lumpia and chicken pastel using my mom's recipes.
a
a
Lechon a.k.a moo yang. 
a
a
The birthday boy.
a
a
With tita Tess, Mama Lila and Lani.  We're happy that you're all here to celebrate Richard's birthday with us!
a
a
Richard opening Aly's gift.  It was a small Lexus :)
a
a
No birthday will be complete without a cake!
a
a
You gotta love this!
a
a
Cheers!
a
a
The birthday lunch was a success!  I'm proud to say that I prepared all the dishes myself and I am grateful for my in-laws who made my job a lot easier by helping me with the preps.
a
a
Happy birthday, Sweetie!  We love you!






  

No comments: