Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Daddy's Birthday

Dear daddy celebrated another birthday with us in Bangkok last May 20 :)
a
a
Aly with her gift for lolo Bernie.
a
a

Ang gwapo ng tatay ko!
a
a

It was a simple celebration, no fuss -- we just had dinner at his favorite Chinese restaurant at Central Rama 3. His birthday celebration was so typical of my dad, just like him: easygoing, no fuss, quiet...he can walk for hours and he won't complain. You can go back and forth in the mall and he will just follow quietly, happily listening to his ipod with Bose earphones (his pride and joy). Dad, or P Diddy as we sometimes call him (that's his name on my cellphone), is a music connoiseur. He has asked me time and again to try out the speakers so I can "feel" the superior sound of Bose technology for myself, but I was never really able to know the difference. Sorry dad! Hehe!
a
a
Anyway, back to daddy's birthday. I tried my best to make his birthday more exciting, but it was quite difficult because we were together the whole day: after his daily morning walk (he probably knows our neighborhood more than I do know because of that), he accompanied me and my mom to the gym. Sort of making bantay just to make sure that mom and I are doing some excercise and not just making chika. Haha! After picking up Yan from school, we went to Emporium, where, instead of buying a gift for himself, he bought mom a new bag. Isn't dad the sweetest?
a
a
From Emporium, we went to Central Rama 3 where Richard was waiting for us, then we had dinner at Hua Seng Hong. After dinner, we went back to the apartment, where we surprised him with a birthday cake.
a
a
Daddy's birthday cake: Macadamia Cheesecake.
a
a
Aly singing to lolo Bernie.
a
a
Make a wish, dad!
a
a
I wonder what daddy wished for...anyway, here's our wish for our dear daddy: we wish you good health, more blessings and many, many more years to come. Dad, you have always been the #1 guy in my life -- until I married Richard. Hehe! But I know you understand that and you love him just as much. You will always be my idol, my P Diddy. We are lucky to have you as our dad, Aly is very lucky to have you as her lolo (you spoil her too much, dad, but let's talk about that some other time), and mom is very, very lucky to have you as her husband.
a
a
We love you, dad!



No comments: