Monday, March 16, 2009

White Chocolate Cake

Krisan's white chocolate cake :)
a
a
It's the stuff that my (sweet)dreams are made of.
a
a
For this cake, I used Betty Crocker's white cake mix (thanks, Fides for the tip!). One recipe/box was enough to make at least six small cakes. I baked the remaining batter in my brownie pan because I intend to use it for another recipe.
a
a
Then for the frosting, I used white chocolate, condensed milk and cream. I just dumped all the ingredients in a saucepan and cooked it over low heat; stirring constantly until it was thick and gooey. It's like making regular chocolate frosting, but I used white chocolate instead of semi-sweet choco.
a
a
The cake was good! And i'm not saying that because I made it. Richard and Aly loved it! Now, my husband will always love my cooking no matter what (because he knows what's good for him! Haha!), but my true test is Alyannah because #1 she's not too fond of dessert, and #2 kids don't lie. So when she finished an entire mini cake all by herself, I knew I had a winner.
a
a
Find out in the next post what I did with the rest of the white cake batter.

No comments: