Friday, January 7, 2011

The trip back may be horrible, but it was the best holiday yet :)

I apologize if my last post gave off a somewhat negative vibe.  I'm probably having post-vacation blues.  I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss waking up to the cool Tagaytay air -- ang init kasi dito parang hindi dumaan ang Pasko.  Yep, I'm definitely having post-vacation blues.
a
a
December 16, 2010 at Suvarnabhumi airport on our way to Manila.
a
a
On our way to NAIA2 the other day, Aly said that she's only excited when we're going to the Philippines; she's never excited about the trip back.  So true, babe.  So true.
a
a
The trip back was terrible!  The airport was super packed!  There was a computer glitch of some sort so the lines were super long.  We actually had to spend a few minutes outside because they were not letting anyone in.  Good thing we arrived early.  Come to think of it, the computer glitch and the long lines were also good in a way because they didn't charge us for excess baggage.  Heehee!  My carry-on was 10 kilos -- 3 kilos overweight, but the attendant didn't mind at all.  I guess with the lines growing longer and tempers getting shorter, the last thing that they needed were the delays caused by issues with excess baggage.  
a
a
I've never seen NAIA2 with that much people.  I thought since we were flying on a Wednesday, there won't be too many people at the airport. Wrong!
a
a
So wrong, that I wish I did not wear my Michael Kors that day. Btw, thanks mom + dad for the shoes!  I super love them!  Because of the MK shoes, I had to give up some duty free shopping because I really had to sit and rest my feet.  
a
a
It probably wouldn't happen if I wore wedges like I did on our way to Manila.
a
a
Pero in fairness, my MK are the most comfortable shoes ever!  They may be super high, but they are really very comfy.  Swear!  But no matter how comfy, I guess your feet will start to hurt a litlle especially after 2 hours of standing and walking.  
a
a
It seemed like the longest trip ever.  We were really tired by the time we boarded the plane.  What made the trip worse was we were seated behind this family of foreigners with annoying kids who kept arguing and talking loudly.  I wanted to pull the mom's hair (only because it was too long and curly and frizzy that it was spilling over to our side) so she can at least tell her kids not to recline their seats too much because we didn't have much leg room left.  Then again it would be useless because the mom lacked in good manners herself.  We were exhausted by the time we got home.
a
a
Anyhoo, enough with the negativity -- sorry, I just had to let it all out!  Like I said, the trip back may be horrible, but it was the best holiday yet!  I think this was the most sulit trip ever because aside from the usual stuff that we do every year,  there were also some new happenings that hopefully, will become new traditions as well.  Here's our holiday in a nutshell.
a
a
Dinner with my family at Racks Sta. Rosa.
a
a
Annual Manalo Family Christmas party.
a
a
Another tradition, Christmas dinner with the nyoras.
a
a
We also never miss my cousin Kokoy's birthday.
a
a
Lunch with my in-laws before leaving for Bangkok.
a
a
Something new: our nephew Eli's baptism.
a
a
My bestfriend Ria's wedding.
a
a
My godsister Abby's wedding.
a
a
Something special: bidding my good friend, Fides, farewell before she set off on her new life in the USA.
a
a
Reunion with the friends/cousins that I grew up with in Bagumbayan.
a
a
Dinner with my gorgeous DLSU friends.
a
a
Dessert and coffee with my super kumare/Belgian beauty Dy and my inaanak Audrae who were also in Manila for the holidays.
a
a
Aahhh...those were good times indeed!  These are just from my Lumix.  I have more from my Canon camera.  I promise to post more photos and kwentos about our super holiday.  Meanwhile, let me end this post with my happy thought:
a
a
Dinner with my family at LZM (they have the best boneless bangus everr!).  Gosh, I miss them so! (my family, not the bangus.  Heehee!)


No comments: