Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Homemade Granola

Since I'm trying to eat more healthy and lose weight at the same time, I try to avoid my usual guilty pleasures like chips, chocolates and practically everything else that can either make me fat curvier or give me diabetes.  Those who really know me know that I can't live without sweets.  Luckily, there's a healthier way to snack.  Presenting, my homemade granola :)
a
a
Snacking while window shopping online.  Heehee!
a
a
It's not just any granola; it's homemade granola.  They say that the ones that you buy off the shelf are not really healthy because of the preservatives, sugar and other stuff that they use so I make my own at home.  Here's the recipe:
a
a
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup almonds
a
a
Warm up honey and olive oil in microwave oven.
a
Mix everything together and bake in a lined pan at 300C until golden brown.
a
Store in an airtight container.
a
a
You may also add other kinds of nuts and dried fruits if you want.  I promise you, this recipe is super easy to make.  You just toss everything together, bake and enjoy!


No comments: