Friday, April 15, 2011

Songkran Celebration in Aly's School

Aly was chosen by her teachers to represent their class in the Songkran celebration last Friday.  I made sure that all my chores were finished in the morning so I can swing by the school after lunch to give my girl some moral support.
a
a
Auditorium.
a
a
a
Costume parade.
a
a
Thai dance.
a
a
Aly getting ready for her turn.
a
a
With her classmate Lui.
a
a
Both of them represented the Grade 2 class in the water pouring ceremony, where they poured water on their teachers' hands as a sign of respect.
a
a
That's my girl!
a
a
So proud of you, babe!
a
a
Aly with her BFF's Manolia + Annie.
a
a
a
After the water ceremony, the students lined up on stage to tie a piece of string on the teacher's wrist, which symbolizes giving good wishes to the recipient.
a
a
Aly got one too!
a
a
From the auditorium, the students changed into their colorful Songkran shirts and headed to the gym for the games.
a
a
With her classmates.
a
a
Smile for mommy!
a
a
That was my cue to leave.  Aly didn't want me to stay so I hung out at Starbucks across the street until it was time to pick her up.
a
a
Caramel frap with no whipped cream.  Bawal kasi sa diet, but what they hey.  Wala na lang whipped cream (my favorite part) so I won't feel too guilty.  Haha!


2 comments:

- said...

Aly looked so pretty sa costume nya :) hugs aly & mommy!

Domestic Goddess said...

Thank you Dy! Hugs to Auddie too! Hope she's better.