Friday, December 3, 2010

Current Addiction: Look Choop

I'm fighting the urge to go to Old Siam to buy a pack of these.  Oh, boy!  
a
a
Look Choop is a popular Thai candy that are shaped like miniature fruits and veggies.  They are made with a mung bean paste and sugar filling and a nice, colorful jelly covering.
a
a
So beautiful and yummy -- very cheap too at Thb30/pack (Php43).
a
a
This one is shaped like corn.
a
a
Macopa?
a
a
My favorite: chili because I can't eat the real thing.  Heehee!
a
a
I love the bean past filling.  It reminds me of our mongo hopia back home :)
a
a
I can just imagine the time and effort in making one of these!  They're too beautiful and nakakagigil to eat -- pero syempre, I ate them.  Heehee!  After Googling Look Choop, I found out that it was originally made for Thai royalty.  No wonder they're so pretty! It's definitely food that's fit for a queen...of the home like me.  Haha!

No comments: