Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Dad's Watch

Not so long ago when I was single and living with my parents, I loved to raid mom and dad's jewelry box borrow stuff from mom and dad.  One of my favorites is dad's Baume & Mercier Linea watch, which is now officially mine.  Heehee!  
a
a
I had it cleaned and polished at the watch clinic at Central Chidlom.  I wasn't being pa-cutesy when I said watch clinic because the shop is really named Watch Clinic by Trocadero Group.  They have great service there.  The staff can speak and understand English :)  One time, I saw one of their clients bringing in a Chopard for repair.  If she trusts them with her Chopard, then I'm confident that they will do a great job with my Baume.
a
a
Anyway, after a three-week wait, I was finally able to pick up my new baby :)
a
a
My Baume & Mercier Linea.  Thanks, dad! :)
a
a
Wait, I want to share before and after photos of the watch.
a
a
Before: notice how the gold plating on the bezel had already faded?
a
a
After: it's now good as new!
a
a
Before: the band was riddled with scratches, which is mostly my fault because I can be careless when I wear a watch.
a
a
After: goodbye scratches!  Hello new watch :)
a
a
I love how wearing this watch makes me look "mayaman".  Haha!  Thanks for the watch, dad!  I love it!
a
a
Watch Clinic by Trocadero Group is on the 3/F of Central Childom.






No comments: