Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

This is how we did it:
a
a
Richard and I exchanged gifts the night before...
a
a
Red roses for me (he was afraid that the buds might be fully opened by morning so he gave them to me early)...
a
a
...and our "functional" gift for the man of the house: electric shaver, which will come in handy during his business trips.
a
a
Aly noticed that she was the only one without a gift but her daddy and I told her that hers will be delivered tomorrow morning.
a
a
On Valentine's day morning, we exchanged greeting cards. Again, Aly asked where her gift was and again, daddy said that "cupid" was probably on his way to deliver it.
a
a
I was busy preparing our breakfast when the doorbell rang.
a
a
Aly was completely oblivious to what was happening. Heehee!
a
a
Special delivery for Ms. Aly Valdez!
a
a
Aly and her "bouquet".
a
a
Happy girl gets a kiss from daddy.
a
a
With our bouquets :)
a
a
Gifts for Aly from mommy and daddy.
a
a
Aly's bouquet: Valentine's-y stuff that bought for our girl -- heart-shaped pens, pencils with bear toppers, lollipops and furry hearts.
a
a
Side kwento about Aly's bouquet: My original plan was to get her a balloon arrangement, but I ditched the idea after seeing online how much those things cost (Thb800-2,000). Hooboy! Way out of my budget! So, my plan B was to get her those plush flowers -- you know, those cute flowers made from the same material that stuffed toys are made of with the happy face in the middle? Well, I couldn't find them at Central Rama3 so I ended up with plan C. I had them arranged into a bouquet at a gift wrapping shop (I think it was the first time she did something like this, because she kept showing the bouquet to friends who passed by. Heehee!). Then, I left them at the front desk with instructions to deliver them to our apartment at 8:00am on Valentine's Day.
a
a
So there. Now where was I?
a
aAfter breakfast, we went to hear mass...
a
a
Waiting for our car at the lobby.
a
a
Chinese New Year giveaway from the church: oranges and ang pao.
a
a
...then we went back home to have lunch. Nothing special, we just ate leftovers. Heehee! We had this, though...

a
a
Our VDay cakes in white and milk chocolate.
a
a
After lunch and a brief siesta, we went to Paragon for our movie date with Richard.
a
a
We saw "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" in 3D! Cool movie, by the way. Wa all loved it! It was soo worth the money :)
a
a
After the movie, we did a little food shopping at the ground floor.
a
a
Ferrero tower, can I take you home with me?
a
a
Damn you, Valentine's Day!! Just when I wanted to cut back on chocolates, they filled the Gourmet Market with chocolate shops. As in, chocolates everywhere you look! It was hard not to buy. Heehee!
a
a
Waiting for the driver.
a
a
Our Valentine goodies.
a
a
Yummy chocolates to end our day.
a
a
It was a lovely day :)




No comments: