Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Maxi Dresses

Summer is here. I can feel it. Notice the lack of exclamation point in my first sentence? That's because I'm not too thrilled about the heat. I was expecting to feel the nippy Bangkok weather that we had in November to January last year, but there was none. Now it's stifling hot with no wind and I'm bummed because it takes too long for my laundry to dry. I'm just glad I didn't buy a lot of cold weather clothes! Or else I'd be kicking myself in the head for spending money on stuff that I won't be using anyway. Heehee!
a
a
I am happy, though, that I had the foresight to buy a few maxi dresses that I can definitely wear this summer. I love how you don't really need to iron them. That's why I like to bring them when we travel.
a
a
My first maxi dress, which I wore during our first wedding anniversary weekend in Chiang Mai.
a
a
A year later in Hua Hin for our 2nd wedding anniversary.
a
a
I didn't bring any pants at all! Just dresses :)
a
a
Trip to La Union on December 2009.
a
a
Oh, how I love these dresses! I like to wear them on lazy days and I always wear a maxi dress when I go to the spa. Other people say I look bigger or pregnant in them -- I don't care! They are super comfy and breezy!
a
a
Speaking of comfy, I'd really like to have one of these:
a
a
Cotton caftan. Super soft, it's probably a 300-thread count cotton. The resort that we stayed in at Hua Hin had these in lieu of robes for women (men had ordinary robes, but in the same material and print). I wanted to buy one from their boutique, but I was shocked when I saw the price (Thb1,800). Wala pa kong nahahanap na ganyan with the exact same material.
a
a
Oh, I'm also loving these tunics:
a
a
Which I can wear for going out...
a
a
...or as a swimsuit cover-up.
a
a
By the way, my bestfriend Pat is selling summer clothes -- maxi dresses, swimsuits and cover-ups. If you're interested, let me know so I can hook you up :)

2 comments:

teacherpat said...

Yey for the free advertisement! Haha.

Domestic Goddess said...

Of course!