Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Resolutions

My ultimate Christmas notebook that contains our gift list, holiday to-do's, anything and everything Christmas-related; my handy dandy calculator (a must for Christmas shopping!) and my pens.
a
a
Is there such thing as Christmas resolutions? Well, if it took you five days to wrap 30 kilos worth of gifts last year, you are definitely bound to come up with one. Heehee!
a
a
I told my dear hubby that I'm planning to keep things simple for Christmas this year because I don't want to stress myself too much. I also want to enjoy my time with family and friends. So, in order for me to savor the holidays, here are my Christmas resolutions for 2009:
a
a
#1 - Gift wrapping should be simple and easy because I refuse to waste precious vacation days wrapping Christmas gifts! I'm also planning to use earth friendly paper bags and ribbons. I'll just slip the presents in, seal the bag, and I'm done! No more boxes and scotch tape for me!
a
a
#2 - This year, I'm setting a budget for our gifts. Last year, I didn't and it was crazy! Really crazy, but it was lots of fun. Heehee! Now, I took the initiative to set a budget, and so far so good! I am halfway through my shopping and I'm proud to say that I haven't gone over yet. *beams* :)
a
a
#3 - Gifts should be light, compact and suitcase friendly. My husband has now imposed a three-suitcase allowance for our family everytime we travel (compared to the five suitcases that we brought home last year!) so our gifts should be easy to squeeze in our luggage along with two-weeks worth of clothes for three. It's also good because it helps me stay within the budget. Hehe!
a
a
Funny how these resolutions are supposed to simplify things for me, but it's not as easy as it looks. First, paper bags are sold by 50's or 100's so the gifts should be roughly the same size so I can limit my bags to two different sizes. Second, finding the perfect gift is not that easy! Especially when you are bound by budget. Haha! I love how it challenges me, though. It puts my imagination and creativity into full gear:)

No comments: