Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Random Stuff

I was organizing photos yesterday and I found these.  I don't really know how to put them all together in one post so I will just write the kwento as we go along.
a
a
Aly's Last Hirit at Jollibee
a
a
My dad and my brothers know the drill: Aly needs to get her Jollibee fix as soon as we land so we drive thru the nearest branch on our way home from the airport.  In our first week, she probably ate Jollibee every other day.  Now don't hate me for feeding my daughter fastfood because it wasn't always the case.  We also had our share of good, home-cooked food lovingly cooked by ate Gelyn :)
a
a
Anyway, before we left, Aly had to have her last hurrah at Jollibee.
a
a
a
a
My happy little bunny.
a
a
One thing I love about NAIA3 are the restaurants -- they have Pancake House, Jollibee, Shakey's, Yellow Cab, Dimsum and Dumplings, and others that I don't really bother to check because I'm already happy with the first two.  So while Aly was having her Chickenjoy fix, I was enjoying a plate of bacon waffle from Pancake House (thank goodness for kind waiters who allowed us to eat Jollibee in their restaurant).  Which reminds me, I wish Jollibee would put more chairs and tables in their area because they have a severe lack of eating space being the most popular eatery on the entire floor.
a
a
I had to stop myself from buying a bucket of Chickenjoy to bring home to Richard for fear that the entire plane might smell like chicken!  Note to self: buy those big Lock n' Lock containers next time :)
a
a
Rainbow Nail Art and the Cutest Pair of Fitflops
a
a
I knew that my little bunny wanted her own pair of Fitflops the moment we spotted those kiddie sized pairs at Central.  Richard and I promised to get her a pair in the Philippines because Fitflops are cheaper there.  The moment she slipped her feet on a pair, her eyes grew wide and she told me, "mommy, they feel good on my feet!"  And that was after purchasing our matching pink Havaianas.  Never mind the buttery-soft Brazilian rubber!  Fitflops daw are better.  I knew there was no turning back.
a
a
Aly's all-pink Fitflops are soo cute!  I love her rainbow nail polish too!
a
a
She had her rainbow nail art done at Nail-a-holic Spa in SM Dasma.  I gave it to her as a treat since I was getting a mani-pedi there anyway.  She loves it when we do spa/salon things together but this is the only thing that we're allowing for now (aside from haircuts).  The rest will have to wait until she gets older :)
a
a
My Favorite Souvenir
a
a
...is actually a gift from my cousin Kokoy.  I love it because it's handmade and because I know that it's from the heart.
a
a
We use it for knick knacks (mostly Aly's) and I placed it beside the laptop so I see it everyday.  I like how it reminds me that I am loved.  I think I must be doing something good to get this kind of love back.  Thank you, Koy!
a
a
A Little Bit of Arts and Crafts: Dressing Up Ref Magnets
a
a
These ref magnets came free with the August issue of Martha Stewart Magazine.  It's mostly in Thai but I still buy it because it's a lot cheaper than the English version -- including local fashion magazines like Elle and InStyle  (Thb90 for Thai vs Thb400+ for English).  I just look at the photos.  Heehee!
a
a
The ref magnets before...
a
a
...and after.
a
a
I tried to paint the frames with nail polish but it wasn't so great.  So I wrapped them with scraps of ribbon instead.  I think they look better and neater.  Heehee!
a
a
Getting Ready for School
a
a
I was preparing Aly's stuff for school when I felt a little nostalgic.
a
a
Printed out labels and wrapped her notebooks in plastic.
a
a
My big girl is now in Grade 3!!  Sigh...She's growing up too fast!  Literally (old teachers and friends told us that Aly grew taller) and figuratively (she is now taking a more active role in taking care of me and her daddy in her own little way).  I noticed that she was extra patient last weekend when we were looking for my birthday shoes.  She went through the racks with me and asked me what I was looking for.  I realized then that she really wanted to help me find the perfect pair.  We weren't successful, though, but I enjoyed the hunt.
a
a
So there you have it: bits and bobs of the past few weeks in photos.  Thanks for dropping by.  Till the next post :)




2 comments:

- said...

I was reading this early this morning just before shuteye. 3 am nako nakatulog (na addict sa WOTL ng channel 5 :) -kakatawa as in! anyway, gusto ko lang sabihin----WHAT HAPPENED TO ALY????? super big na sya! hay at GRADE 3 na??? ayyyy, ang bilis ....:) you must be very proud, ang little girl aly now not so little na and grabe mommy-influenced talaga ang pagiging fashionista :) & i think ang advanced nya ha, imagine grade 3 na sya, ako 9 nako nag grade 3 :)

btw kris, i thought you might like this....http://lookbook.nu/ --you can post your fashion pics there! :) muaaaaah!

Domestic Goddess said...

Oo nga Dy, ang bilis lumaki. Same thing with Auddie so pareho tayo ng nararamdaman :)

This morning she reminded me to schedule an appt for her haircut. Aba, aba!

Thanks din for the link, but I don't think I'm lookbook worthy! Ibang level na yan mare!