Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My First Longchamp Drama

Meet my new baby :)
a
a
A large Longchamp Le Pliage shopper tote in lilac.
a
a
Here's the drama: my first Longchamp is actually supposed to be the large black Les Planetes that I've had my heart set on at the lunch market, but it had to wait for a few more weeks because I wanted to save up for it. So when the day came when I was finally ready to buy it, I went to the lunch market full of excitement because I knew that I will be going home with a new bag. I had no idea that I was in for my first bag heartbreak.
a
a
You see, I arrived at the lunch market a bit too early so I decided to walk around Silom area first. When I was heading back, it started to rain so I had no choice but to seek shelter at Delifrance, which is about a block away from the market. I thought it was just going to be a quick shower, but it just kept raining so after a quick lunch, I decided to go for it. Kicking myself there for not bringing an umbrella, but also kinda glad that I wore sneakers that day.
a
a
Yes, rain will not stop me from getting that bag! But when I got there, que horror! Someone was already looking at the very same bag that I wanted to buy. Of all the other bags that they had at the shop, she wanted to buy MY bag! MY BAG!! I hoped that she was just looking, but then she actually bought it. Nooooo!!! I saved up for this bag! I didn't go out for weeks so I can save! All my sacrifices...gone...just like that. I seriously wanted to cry. You can just imagine me, dripping wet from the rain and heartbroken over a bag. Para akong basang sisiw. Promise.
a
a
I called Richard and told him about my bag drama. He was really sorry for me because he knew how excited I was. Then, he told me: "Sweetie, hindi siguro uukol. Hanap ka na lang ng ibang bag." I guess the bag really wasn't for me and the weird thing is I felt a lot better after he said that.
a
a
So I looked around and I actually saw another store selling the bag that I wanted, but it was more expensive and the lady there was masungit. You know how I hate sungit salespeople. I was really turned off. Besides, at that point, I wasn't too keen on getting a Longchamp anymore. To make the long story short: I had set out to buy one bag, got heartbroken and ended up buying two bags instead :) Heehee! I went home with a Marc Jacobs canvas tote, a Harajuku Lovers bag and some cash left from my budget. Oh, joy!
a
a
But my story doesn't end there. I decided to just buy my first Longchamp in Hongkong. There's actually more drama behind that Hongkong purchase, but it's just my usual major purchase ritual -- you know, how I like to linger before I finally make the decision. This time, the delay was choosing the right color. I can't decide between red and lilac. It kinda drives the hubby crazy and he doesn't really want to get involved so he suggested that we ask Aly and naturally, she chose lilac. So that's how I ended up with this baby.
a
a
Hooboy! You might be wondering, what's the big deal about the Longchamp anyway? Well, my friends Pat and Jenn have been raving about how unbelievably lightweight this bag is. Plus, it's #16 at the L.A Times top 50 designer bags list. Also, much has been said about this bag. Just google it and you'll see what the baghags all over the world have said about it. Personally, I love how it's a designer bag and yet not overly expensive that it's perfect for schlepping. And my favorite part? I love how the bag folds into this:
a
aPerfect for travel and storage because I'm running out of space in my closet for my bags (not that I'm complaining).
a
a
I'm inlove with Longchamp :)



2 comments:

Alfa said...

hi ate, do you know you can have a custom made le pliage :D here:

http://www.longchamp.com/en/home-e-shopping/home-sur-mesure-usa/sur-mesure-etape-1-561.html

Domestic Goddess said...

Hi Alfa!

Thanks! Yeah, I saw that too! Hmmm...pwedeng pag-ipunan. Heehee!