Monday, April 26, 2010

Current Addiction: Khanom Krog

Khanom Krog:  I can't get enough of these!  I can finish this entire box in one sitting.
a
a
Khanom Krog is a bite-sized snack made from coconut milk, rice flour and sugar.  Think maja blanca with a slightly chewy bottom and a soft center.  It usually comes with a variety of sweet and savory toppings such as corn, sweetened pumpkin and sliced green onions, but I like mine plain.
a
a
I was feeling under the weather the other day so Richard gave me a box of these as pasalubong.  Boy did that cheer me up!  Well, I'm still sick as of this writing, but the Khanom Krob made me forget about my icky throat at least for a while. These coconut thingies cost only Thb30/box from my suki and it goes so well with our other addiction, the spicy grilled beef from our other suki (that deserves another post but till our next meal).
a
a
I should really sign up for a Thai cooking class.
a
a
 

No comments: